Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire an Android Developer who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to implement mobile applications that make the world a better place!
You will participate in the creation of enterprise-class applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms. This position requires a hands-on developer that will fully participate in the software development process – design, development, unit testing, and technical documentation. You will use the Scrum methodology to create 21st-century software solutions that set standards and will exchange knowledge and experience with 25+ native Android specialists and 50+ mobile specialists.
As a top employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
- Create native Android business apps in Kotlin and/or Java
- Review business requirements and functional design specifications
- Develop flexible software solutions to support changing business requirements
- Participate in the management of application build and deployment processes
- 3+ years of experience developing native Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin and/ or Java
- Experience with the MVVM app architecture
- Experience with Dagger 2, Hilt, or Koin
- Experience with relational database design and implementation (Room)
- Experience with SCRUM development methodology
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Responsible and team-oriented person
- A desire to constantly improve as a professional and stay on top of the cutting edge technologies
A significant advantage would be
- Experience in developing web and server-side applications in Java
- Experience with Google APIs and Play Console
- Experience with CI/ CD
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and communication with external devices
- Knowledge of React Native, Flutter, or Jetpack Compose
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent