Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire a Business & Data Analyst who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to implement and extend groundbreaking web and mobile applications that make the world a better place!
Business & Data Analysts are an integral part of the MM teams, being responsible for identifying and communicating data-driven insights that allow our clients to make more informed decisions. This is a unique opportunity to participate in a variety of projects, work on different business domains, collaborate with all departments in the company, influence our clients and participate in their decision-making process.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
In this role, you will
- Perform preliminary data analysis during the definition phase of the projects
- Work independently and with team members to understand existing database structure and business processes
- Gather requirements from documentation & information provided by different business units/stakeholders, translate them to engineering problems, and explain the results to non-technical teammates
- Create high-level data models that can later be transformed into logical and physical data models
- Perform data analysis on source data from a variety of sources (databases, APIs, excel files, json files, etc.) - business definitions, technical analysis on attribute level, cardinality analysis, data quality analysis, cluster analysis
- Create source to target mappings to validate the ETL process
- Create sources definition in a data modeling tool
- Create logical data models that the data engineers can feed into a physical data model
- Collaborate with data engineers to design the data pipelines and data warehouse
- Prepare SQL queries to give to the QA team for sanity testing
- Prepare Data Quality Rules to give to the QA team so they can verify the accuracy, consistency and completeness of the data
- Create reports in a reporting tool (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Provide guidance and best practices for data analysis/reporting to business users
- Collaborate with business units/stakeholders to develop policies for data governance
Our ideal candidate profile
- Excellent analytical skills - the ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience working with and/or creating data architectures
- High SQL aptitude
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of databases (SQL Server/ Oracle/ MySQL/ PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Understanding of ETL framework and ETL tools
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills – a demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals, both in gathering information and communicating direction and status
- Ability to deal with rapidly varying tasks as needed
The following will be considered a plus
- Knowledge or experience with DevOps practices, API, microservices solutions
- Advanced knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, data models, data analysis
- Experience with requirements tracking tools - JIRA, Pivotal, Rally, etc.
- Experience with SCRUM development methodology
- Еxperience with enterprise clients