A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps.
For our IT team, we are looking for an Endpoint Security Specialist, whose main focus will be the data protection and endpoint security of workstations and servers. In this role, you will work closely with all the departments of the company and will be responsible for antivirus protection and personal firewall as well as for data encryption, data loss prevention, and vulnerability management.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
- Perform remote deploying of Endpoint Protection Security software, and other security solutions as well, throughout the company-owned workstation and servers
- Provide technical support, including monitoring, reporting, and security software administration
- Recommends and implements Endpoint Security Policies as a result of in-depth research of potential harmful threats to the organization's IT infrastructure
- Perform proactive threat hunting with viruses, trojans, worms, and other malware types.
- Prevent Incidents or resolve them when they occur ensuring accurate identification, analyses, and remediation
- Ownership of the Company’s Threat and Vulnerability Management activities
- Maintenance and support of encryption software
- Good working knowledge of major operating system security (Windows, Mac OS, Linux/Unix)
- Good working knowledge of networking protocols and systems administration
- Hands-on experience with major security systems and functions: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Antivirus/Antimalware, Incident Response, Threat Prevention, Web/Application Control Filtering, Endpoint Security
- Analytical and Risk Assessment skills
- Responsible and team-oriented person
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Very good spoken and written English
- Experience in detection and remediation of different types of malware (e.g. Viruses, Rootkits, Spyware, and Trojans)
- Hands-on experience on antivirus tools (e.g. F-Secure Elements Endpoint Protection, Microsoft ATP Defender and others)
- Hands-on experience on vulnerability scanners (e.g. F-Secure Elements Vulnerability Management, Qualys, Nessus and others)
- Knowledge in the areas of Network Reconnaissance, Packet analysis and Penetration Testing (e.g. Nmap, Metasploit, Wireshark and others)
- Good understanding of Risk Management and ISO27001