Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire an experienced manual QA specialist, motivated and willing to learn automation. As part of this role, you will actively participate in internal trainings and automation testing courses to boost your career and bring it to the next level.
As part of our QA practice, you will collaborate with the development teams and will be responsible for building, testing, deploying, and executing comprehensive solutions to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality products. Our software solutions tackle specific tech challenges across several industries. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our current projects are focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secured data that come with it. We also innovate in finance, real estate, commerce, IoT, and others.
As a top engineering employer, run by еngineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
Do you have the essentials?
- 2+ years of professional experience in the QA field
- Practical knowledge of any programming language
- Skills and experience in test automation – knowledge of any tool for automating tests
- Understanding of REST and experience with web-services testing
- Impeccable bug reporting skills
- Solid understanding of quality assurance theory, terminology, and strategies
- Excellent spoken and written English
Great if you also have
- Hands-on experience in mobile testing
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and other software development methodologies
- Performance Testing Experience
What you'll do
- Go through our automation training during the first 3 months
- Work with a personal mentor from our team to level up your knowledge and build on your technical skills
- Follow a customized onboarding plan that will support your transition into the automation role
- Work on a real project where you will have the chance to develop automated test
- Perform manual tests (if it’s needed, ideally aiming at automated tests)
- Support the Scrum team to deliver a high-quality product
- Execute, track and report on the automated tests development and execution
- Create defect tickets, status reports and track issues to resolution
- Support fellow QAs with their day-to-day work