Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
We are looking to hire a motivated individual with strong technical skills, leadership potential, and desire to step into a key role in our organization. This is an opportunity to prove as a technology expert in various projects and contributes to the success of the company in terms of project delivery and client satisfaction.
You will participate in the creation of enterprise-class applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms. This position requires a strong hands-on developer that will fully participate in the software development process – design, development, unit testing, and technical documentation. You will use the Scrum development methodology to create 21st-century software solutions that set standards.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities, and a great working environment.
- Lead a team of 4-7 developers and QA engineers
- Provide technical leadership for enterprise software projects based on the Java technology stack
- Participate in rapid, prototype-based, design sessions
- Review and analyze business requirements and provide a technical perspective on approach, risk, and estimated development time
- Design and develop modern, scalable, and high-performing enterprise applications
- Leverage and generate reusable design standards to be utilized throughout the platform
- Work with the latest development, server and cloud technologies for payment processing, networking, messaging
- Participate successfully in an established daily Scrum process and communicate frequently with US-based clients and subject matter experts
- 5+ years of experience in developing Java web applications
- Ability to lead and organize the development process for complex software projects
- Strong leadership skills and talent to inspire others
- Excellent people skills – a demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals, both in gathering information and communicating direction and status
- Strong knowledge in Jakarta EE/Spring Framework
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA
- Experience in database design and implementation - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Excellent spoken and written English
An advantage would be
- System Architecture experience
- Cloud skills and experience with AWS/Azure
- Knowledge in Big Data management
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent