Note: Due to the current public health situation, all job interviews will be conducted online until further notice.
The MentorMate Experience Design team is looking to hire a UI Designer who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to design, implement and extend groundbreaking mobile, web, and custom software experiences for a wide range of clients.
You will participate in the creation of enterprise-class mobile and web applications using proven design patterns, processes, and best practices. This position requires a hands-on designer that will fully participate in the software development process, from early discovery workshops and feature definition to pixel-perfect execution of visual designs. In this role, you will participate in creating modern and intuitive software solutions that follow best-practice while also pushing the boundaries of what is possible as design patterns and techniques evolve.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in all fields of digital product design including web, desktop, and mobile apps. The ideal candidate also demonstrates a strong desire to learn and advance his or her career within the experience design team at MentorMate.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities, and a great working environment.
If you are a curious and enthusiastic individual with excellent skills in creating a visual language with iconography, typography, and a color palette, we want to hear from you! You will work to create innovative, user-centered solutions for a wide range of platforms including responsive web, web applications, native applications, and more. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of working within a software development team and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to produce simple and elegant solutions to complex problems, and has experience with:
- Participate in the design discovery process, including participatory workshops, user research, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations and other parts of the design process involving research and experimentation
- Design components with visual and interactions that are clean and consistent
- Be an advocate for the users you design for
- Translate sketches, low and high fidelity wireframes into complete visual compositions, mockups, and clickable prototypes
- Deliver visual assets to developers that are ready to be plugged into production code
- Work on an international team of 14 experienced designers located in Bulgaria (Sofia) and the United States (Minneapolis, MN)
- 2+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer within a digital product development environment
- Possess clean, elegant and innovative design sense
- Understanding of design systems and accessibility standards
- Basic knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent visual and typographic design skill
- Proficiency in working with Adobe CC suite
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Responsible and team-oriented person
A significant advantage would be
- Ability to create clickable prototypes
- Knowledge of guidelines and documentation for native iOS and Android applications
- Experience designing for Enterprise users
- Motion design