Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
You’re reading a different job ad from MentorMate. This is because we really want to find the right person to join our super cool team of Ruby on Rails developers.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. If you want: competitive pay, career growth, various social benefits, trainings and workshops, a great workplace, including fantastic colleagues – give it a try and join our team!
You don’t need astronaut skills to become part of our incredible Ruby on Rails team – you simply need to have experience with Ruby on Rails (plus a few other precious gems), to love writing tests (or specs, whichever you prefer), and to work in a dynamic environment with foreign clients in English. Yep, that’s it!
Bottom line is - having as much knowledge as possible in
- Ruby on Rails (You don’t say!)
- Relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Server management (nginx, Apache)
- APIs with RESTful architecture
- Deployment tools (Capistrano, Ansible, CI)
- TDD and BDD (RSpec, MiniTest, Cucumber, Capybara, Gherkin)
- Responsive design (Bootstrap, Foundation, Modernizr)
Nice to have
- UI, UX, and accessibility
- Monitoring and style guides tools (NewRelic, Airbrake, CodeClimate, rubocop)
- OS virtualization (Docker, Ansible)
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Delayed Jobs (Sidekiq, Resque)
- Template engines (haml, slim)
- In-memory data stores (Redis, Memcached)
- Agile/SCRUM development process (using JIRA, Trello and all the other cool guys)