Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps.
We are looking to hire a Senior Android Developer who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to implement mobile applications that make the world a better place! You will participate in the creation of enterprise-class applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms. This position requires a hands-on developer that will fully participate in the software development process – design, development, unit testing, and technical documentation. You will use the Scrum methodology to create 21st-century software solutions that set standards and will exchange knowledge and experience with 20+ native iOS specialists and 60+ mobile specialists.
As a top employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
- Develop mobile business solutions for Android using the latest devices and SDKs
- Review business requirements and functional design specifications
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the other team members
- Develop flexible software solutions to support changing business requirements
- Manage application build and deployment process
- Strong knowledge in developing native Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin or Java
- Experience with Android Jetpack libraries
- Experience in web-services (APIs) integration and client-server application model
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
A significant advantage would be
- Experience with SCRUM development methodology
- Experience in developing web and server-side applications in Java
- Experience with Google APIs and Play Console
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and communication with external devices
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent