Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire a Senior Java Developer who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to implement and extend groundbreaking web applications that make the world a better place!
You will participate in the creation of enterprise-class applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms. This position requires a strong hands-on developer that will fully participate in the software development process – design, development, unit testing, and technical documentation. You will use the Scrum development methodology to create 21st-century software solutions that set standards.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
- Design and develop modern, scalable, and high-performing enterprise applications
- Review and analyze business requirements and provide a technical perspective on approach, risk, and estimated development time
- Produce high-quality code implementing all security principles
- Mentor other developers and participate in code reviews
- Participate successfully in an established daily Scrum process and communicate frequently with clients and subject matter experts
- 5+ years of experience in developing Java web applications
- Strong knowledge in Jakarta EE/Spring Framework
- Deep understanding of the inner workings of the JVM
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA
- Experience in database design and implementation - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Cloud skills and experience with AWS/Azure
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
An advantage would be
- Experience in creating complex solutions in C/C++
- Experience in low-level programming and embedded software development
- System Architecture experience
- Knowledge in Big Data management
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent