Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
We are looking to hire a Senior Node.js Developer having strong DevOps/Pipeline experience.
This position requires a solid hands-on developer and DevOps specialist to fully participate in the software development process, including development, deployment pipeline, unit and performance testing. A basic understanding of C++ and front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Our software solutions tackle specific tech challenges across several industries. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our current projects are focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that come with it. We also innovate in finance, real estate, commerce, IoT, and others.
What you need to have
- At least 2 years of real Node.js application experience using Express.js, Loopback and/or Fastify
- Deep understanding of the Node.js engine including the Event loop, memory management and performance
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization with middleware libraries
- Node.js Performance testing and troubleshooting – Prometheus standards
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and Relational databases
- Strong DevOps experience with AWS
- GitHub Actions for deployment pipeline to npm
- Strong Docker experience in DevOps environment
- Experience writing functional tests with Mocha
- Understanding of using Terraform for infrastructure as code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent spoken and written English
Extra points if you have experience with
- Experience building Node.js native modules
- Experience building and deploying TypeScript back-end applications
- Writing C++ programs
- InfluxDB and Grafana
- Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- One of the following: Angular, React, Vue.JS, etc.
- Other back-end technologies, architectures, patterns, best practices
What will be your responsibilities
- Automate functional test environment and writing functional tests using Mocha
- Deployment pipeline in GitHub actions
- Support the performance testing processes and environment
- Isolate Support issues in code – building sample applications to demonstrate/isolate the customer issue
- Improve knowledge on Node.js internal workings
- Work on simpler Node.js agent core features or bug fixes – we maintain 98% code coverage for Unit tests
- Be responsible for the implementation of security and data protection
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Enforce coding standards and best practices
- Participate successfully in an established daily Scrum process