Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire a Senior Software Developer experienced in Node.js who will join our super cool team of experts. You’ll have the honor to participate in the creation of enterprise-class web applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms.
Our software solutions tackle specific tech challenges across several industries. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our current projects are focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that come with it. We also innovate in finance, real estate, commerce, IoT, and others.
As a top engineering employer run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
What you need to have
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js frameworks such as Express.js, Socket.io, Hapi.js, Sails.js, etc.
- Familiarity with the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks, and workarounds
- Knowledge of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Excellent spoken and written English
Extra points if you have experience with
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- CI/CD infrastructure
- Other back-end technologies, architectures, patterns, best practices
What will be your responsibilities
- Participate actively in the architecture, design and development phase of the software production
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Deliver high-quality software with extensive unit testing
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Be responsible for the implementation of security and data protection
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Enforce coding standards and best practices
- Participate successfully in an established daily Scrum process
How you will spend your time
- 50% Writing code and tests
- 25% Scrumming and helping others on the team
- 10% Reviewing teammates’ code
- 5% DevOps
- 5% Refactoring
- 5% Documenting