Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities, and a great working environment.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Business Analyst who will work in a team of uniquely intelligent technologists to implement and extend groundbreaking web & mobile applications that make the world a better place!
BA team members are an integral part of the MentorMate teams, being responsible for key communication with clients, collecting and documenting requirements. As such, it gives the unique opportunity to participate in a variety of projects, work on different business domains, collaborate with all departments in the company, influence our clients and participate in their decision-making process.
We will be happy to meet if you
- Are highly skilled in business analysis and communication with key stakeholders
- Have analytical and leadership skills
- Are adaptable, fast learner and like dynamic work
- Welcome challenges and are not afraid of taking responsibility
- Are a great collaborator and a team player
- Excel in your written and spoken English communication
Your day to day work will be to
- Communicate with clients to gain an in-depth understanding of their business, processes, and services
- Lead business analysis activities during project definition sessions and take high-level business requirements from key stakeholders
- Build a strong relationship with the stakeholders and direct them towards maximizing business value
- Collaborate with solutions architects to analyze and document the business requirements
- Work with the project management team to ensure quality and on-time delivery
- Analyze and optimize business processes
- Produce project documentation such as functional requirements, diagrams, etc.
- Produce product backlog of fully defined epics and user stories
- Support product owners to scope and prioritize stories to ensure the development process is aligned with the objectives
- Take the lead in estimating and validating the requirements with the development team
- Lead SCRUM meetings such as sprint plannings and backlog groomings
- Be the first point of contact for answering the team’s questions
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior level analysts
What you need to have
- 3+ years of experience in Business Analysis position
- Good knowledge of business analysis best practices and ability to effectively apply them
- Ability to understand and organize complex ideas into application requirements
- Ability to identify risks in the project and communicate them
- Technical background and deep understanding of the architecture of the products
- Experience with SCRUM development methodology
- Experience with Requirements Tracking Tool - JIRA, Pivotal, Rally, etc.
- Experience with data modeling and diagramming tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to communicate well with distributed teams
- Ability to assert themselves in meetings, both internally and with clients
- Ability to deal with rapidly varying tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Еxperience working with enterprise clients will be considered as an advantage