Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. MentorMate Design team is looking to hire a Senior UX/UI Designer who will work in our team to design, implement and extend groundbreaking mobile, web, and custom software experiences for a wide range of clients.
In this role, you will participate in the creation of enterprise-class mobile and web applications using proven design processes, and best practices. This position requires an experienced, hands-on designer that will participate in the end-to-end software development process, from early design strategy, to discovery workshops and feature definition, to pixel-perfect execution of visual designs. In this role, you will participate in creating modern and intuitive software solutions that follow best-practice while also pushing the boundaries of what is possible as technology evolves.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
If you are a curious and enthusiastic individual, excellent at empathy for the user, have a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD), and strong analytical abilities, we want to hear from you! You will work to create innovative, user-centered solutions for a wide range of platforms including responsive web, web applications, native applications, and more. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of working within a software development team and has the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to produce simple and elegant solutions to complex problems, and has experience with:
- Participating in the design discovery process, including the facilitation of immersion workshops, user research, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations and other parts of the design process that involve research, experimentation, and synthesis
- Make complicated ideas easy to understand
- Be an advocate for the users you design for
- Challenge ideas/problems and validate solutions using data and insights from end-users and stakeholders
- Follow the established practices and processes of the design team while also identifying and recommending areas for improvement
- Work on an international team of 15+ UX/UI designers located in Bulgaria (Sofia) and the United States (Minneapolis, MN)
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer within a digital product development environment
- Expertise in design facilitation, with a solid understanding of research techniques and best practice
- Strong knowledge and experience of building Information architecture, User flow diagrams, Personas, Lo-Fi/Hi-Fi wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent analytical thinking and UX process
- Demonstrated awareness and a high level of interest in the latest trends in the field
- Proficiency within Figma, Whimsical, Mural and other relevant design tools
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Responsible and team-oriented person
A significant advantage would be
- Experience with the Design Thinking methodology
- Knowledge of guidelines and documentation for native iOS and Android applications
- Experience designing for Enterprise users
- An in-depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and accessibility compliance
- Experience with usability testing and validation