Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
We are looking to hire a motivated individual with strong leadership potential, technical skills, and a desire to step into a key role in our organization. This is a unique career opportunity to become part of our leadership team and contribute to the success of our Java department in terms of project delivery, client satisfaction, team growth, internal processes, and culture.
Together with focusing on the project outcome and client satisfaction, your primary role will be to build the best software development teams aligned with the values and business goals of the company. You will be responsible for the career growth of your team members and the development of their professional expertise.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
Team leading responsibilities
- Build strong teams according to our company values and business goals
- Coach individuals in terms of process, personal and technical development
- Encourage the growth of all direct reports through skill development and goal setting
- Mentor staff, measure performance, and complete regular performance reviews
- Be involved in the department hiring process. Interview and assess candidates to find the best fit for the company
- Be part of the department’s leadership team and contribute to department initiatives and optimizations
Project and client responsibilities
- Play a hands-on role in software definition, architecture, design, and implementation
- Build cross-functional and self-organizing teams
- Organize, optimize, and facilitate teamwork
- Apply quality standards and initiate improvements
- Build strong client relationships
- Proactively prevent risks and consult the clients on best approaches
- Analyze business needs and deliver estimations
- 6+ years of experience developing Java enterprise applications
- Experience in a leadership role and a history of growing people
- Ability to develop a flexible and robust platform architecture to support changing business requirements
- Passion for seeking engineering excellence and adopting new technologies
- Experience in planning and executing tasks to meet deadlines while promoting a positive work environment
- Аbility to lead and work in a collaborative, cross-functional, international team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to see others succeed
- Excellent spoken and written English