Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps.
We are looking for a motivated individual with expert technical skills, leadership potential, and a desire to step into a key role in one of the biggest software engineering organizations in Europe. This is a unique career opportunity to become a Leader of your .NET team, based in Veliko Tarnovo, while building upon 20 years of delivery excellence and collaborating with the most capable Technical Leadership Teams in Bulgaria.
Together with focusing on the project outcome and client satisfaction, your primary role will be to lead a team of .NET Developers in Veliko Tarnovo, in alignment with the values and business goals of the company. You will be responsible for the career growth of your team members and the development of their professional expertise.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
TEAM LEADING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach individuals in terms of process, personal and technical development
- Encourage the growth of all direct reports through skill development and goal setting
- Mentor staff, measure performance, and complete regular performance reviews
- Be involved in the department hiring process. Interview and assess candidates to find the best fit for the company
- Be part of the department’s leadership team and contribute to department initiatives and optimizations
PROJECT AND CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a hands-on role in software definition, architecture, design, and implementation
- Provide technical leadership for enterprise software projects, based on the latest Microsoft .NET Framework, MVC, and Entity Framework
- Review and analyze business requirements and provide a technical perspective on approach, risk, and estimated development time
- Develop a flexible and robust platform architecture to support changing business requirements
- Design and аrchitect database backend as well as web-services to interface with external applications
- Apply quality standards and initiate improvements
- Build strong client relationships
- Proactively prevent risks and consult the clients on best approaches
- Previous experience in a leadership role and a history of mentoring people
- Excellent knowledge of database design and implementation – SQL and NoSQL Solutions
- Familiarity with cloud development (Azure or AWS)
- Ability to develop a flexible and robust platform architecture to support changing business requirements
- Passion for seeking engineering excellence and adopting new technologies
- Experience in planning and executing tasks to meet deadlines, while promoting a positive work environment
- Аbility to lead and work in a collaborative, cross-functional, international team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to see others succeed
- Excellent spoken and written English