Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps.
We are looking to hire a motivated individual with strong leadership potential, expert technical skills, and desire to step into a key role in one of the biggest software engineering organizations in Europe. This role is a blend of technical expertise, consulting, and people management and is a unique career opportunity to become a Software Development Manager in a fast-growing, global software development company with offices in the USA, Sweden, and 5 cities in Bulgaria.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
Responsibilities inside MentorМate
- Develop and maintain relationships with all team members
- Collaborate with the management team
- Initiate and support company initiatives
- Deliver announcements to the team from the business
- Responsible for requests for financial investment and being aware of what the return will be
People management responsibilities
- Develop the team, understand their drivers, facilitate their career objectives
- Coach individuals in terms of process, personal and technical development
- Responsible for the line management of the individuals in your team including Software Development Leads
- Accountable for performance management
- Аnalyze the business demand and communicatе it with the recruitment team
- Be involved in the department hiring process.
- Interview and assess candidates to find the best fit for the company
Responsibilities related to clients and the business of MentorMate
Project teams leading responsibilities
- Build cross-functional and self-organizing teams
- Facilitate teams to become a high performing
- Observe, sustain, improve morale and motivate the teams
- Take action to remove strategic risks impeding the teams
Project estimation responsibilities
- Аnalyze the business needs and deliver ballpark estimates
- Help the Solution Architects team with research and advice
- Negotiate scope in proposals
Job requirements to consider before applying
- 9+ years in the software development area with strong technical knowledge
- Proven track record of successfully delivered projects (5+)
- Previous experience in leadership or management role
- Hands-on experience with Java and Java-related technologies
- Ability to settle into a new environment quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills
- Delivery focused, self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Excellent spoken and written English