Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps. We are looking to hire a Technical Lead experienced in Vue.js who will join our super cool team of experts. You’ll have the honor to participate in the creation of enterprise-class web applications, using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms.
Our software solutions tackle specific tech challenges across several industries. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our current projects are focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that come with it. We also innovate in finance, real estate, commerce, IoT, and others.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
- Lead a team of 4-7 developers and QA engineers
- Provide technical leadership for single-page applications based on Vue.js
- Deliver high-quality software with extensive Unit Testing
- Participate in the architecture, design and development phase of software production
- Build polished cross-browser web-based user interface
- Build server-side RESTful APIs (JSON/XML)
- Review and analyze business requirements and provide a technical perspective on approach, risk, and estimated development time
- Enforce best coding and UI standards, evaluate others’ work
- Participate successfully in an established daily Scrum process and communicate frequently with US-based clients and subject matter experts
- 5+ years of experience in developing Vue.js web applications
- Experience in writing Vue.js unit tests with Jest
- Strong knowledge of Vuex
- Strong leadership skills and talent to inspire others
- Ability to lead and organize the development process for complex software projects
- Passion for seeking engineering excellence and adopting new technologies
- Experience in planning and executing tasks to meet deadlines while promoting a positive work environment
- Excellent people skills – a demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals, both in gathering information and communicating direction and status
- Excellent spoken and written English
A significant advantage would be an experience with
- JS OOP Design Patterns
- Redux, NgRx, MobX
- Web Accessibility (a11y)
- Tailwind CSS
- Unix/Linux environments
- PHP, Python, RubyonRails, Node.js or other back-end technologies