Note: Due to the current public health situation, all job interviews will be conducted online until further notice.
MentorMate is seeking a Technical Solutions Architect. This role will work with MentorMate sales-focused Solutions Architects in proposing feasible technical architecture options for prospect and existing clients. You will participate in the architecture and planning of software solutions during the proposing phase, and collaborate with technical leaders in multiple practices in defining the technical architecture. You should have a wide breadth of knowledge across different development and cloud technologies, and you are curious about new emerging architecture patterns.
When the client accepts the proposed solution, you will be responsible for refining the technical architecture based on learning more about their business needs, and leading the team in the implementation of the architecture as well as manage the traceability and potential scope changes within the engagement using your understanding of the client’s business needs as well as the assumptions made about the solution. Over time, the Technical Solutions Architecture team will have defined multiple architecture patterns that will form the reference architecture library. This role will work with Software Architects across MentorMate’s development practices to refine these reference architectures over time as technology evolves. An effective Technical Solutions Architect must consider the health and well-being of the project and the client, and not focus exclusively on the merits of the technical solution.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities and a great working environment.
- Lead the effort in defining and refining the technical architecture for the solution during the proposing and define phase of a project, including reuse and refinement of reference architectures
- Assist clients and project teams with architecture, design, and implementation of the proposed solutions
- This role will have both billable and non-billable work with clients. Non-billable work includes working with sales in proposing new work. The amount of billable work will be roughly 50%-70%.
- Assist project management in the identification of scope changes and provide budget and timeline adjustments
- Work with account and project management to discuss new needs within project teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Work with account and project management to identify risks and mitigate such risks
- Be an advocate for the client within the project, ensure MentorMate has our client’s best interest in mind by executing a solution that meets business, users, and technology needs
- Be an internal and external champion for strong technical architecture, including consistency and standardization via reference architectures, when applicable
- Provide technical thought leadership to clients and internal staff on MentorMate’s portfolio
- 5+ experience delivering solutions for IT or Product Development groups
- 3+ years of experience in Software Architecture, Solution Architecture or Enterprise Architecture roles
- Excellent people skills – а demonstrated the ability to work with technical and non-technical individuals, both in gathering information and communicating direction and status.
- Excellent knowledge of architecture patterns and architecture best practices
- Experience negotiating features and architectures with internal and external clients
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with DevOps principles, practices, tools and implementations
- Experience with SCRUM development methodology
- Practical experience with the entire lifecycle of custom and packaged software application development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Hands-on knowledge of cloud technologies, SaaS-Paas-IaaS and related architectures, AWS and/or Azure services
- Working knowledge of SOA, microservices, RESTful APIs, messaging/pub-sub and data integration solutions
- Experience working with relational, key-value and graph databases
- Knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps tools and methodologies, including IAM, containerization and serverless solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills to convey complex technical topics to multiple audiences
- Experience working with remote or multi-location teams to deliver technology solutions
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodologies per each client’s needs
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent