Note: We offer flexible working models for all open positions. You can choose from three options: a combination of work from home and office, work only from home, or work from anywhere in the world.
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps.
As a top engineering employer, run by engineers, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay and benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models.
The MentorMate Design team is looking to hire a UX/UI Designer who will work in our team to design, implement and extend groundbreaking custom software experiences for one of our largest clients. This designer will work full-time on a dedicated team that is focused on one product.
This position will allow you to join a project for a leading client in the banking industry in Canada. You will participate in designing a wealth management system to support their clients in managing the clients’ assets and cash flow. While working on the project, you will use a combination between Scrum and Kanban approaches. Your work will follow the user-centered design principles to ensure a high-quality design and customized user experience. As a part of this product focused role you will work closely with key members of the client team, while still receiving guidance and support from MentorMate.
- 3+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer within a digital product development environment
- Solid understanding of research techniques and best practice
- Strong knowledge and experience of building Information architecture, User flow diagrams, Personas, Lo-Fi/Hi-Fi wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent analytical thinking and UX process
- Demonstrated awareness and a high level of interest in the latest trends in the field
- Proficiency within Figma, Whimsical, Mural and other relevant design tools
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Responsible and team-oriented person
A significant advantage would be
- Experience with the Design Thinking methodology
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Knowledge of guidelines and documentation for native iOS and Android applications
- Experience designing for Enterprise users
- An in-depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and accessibility compliance
- Experience with usability testing and validation
What will be your responsibilities
- Participating in the design discovery process, including the facilitation of immersion workshops, user research, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations and other parts of the design process that involve research, experimentation, and synthesis
- Make complicated ideas easy to understand
- Be an advocate for the users you design for
- Challenge ideas/problems and validate solutions using data and insights from end-users and stakeholders
- Follow the established practices and processes of the design team while also identifying and recommending areas for improvement
- Work on an international team of 15+ UX/UI designers located in Bulgaria (Sofia) and the United States (Minneapolis, MN)