Healthcare. It’s just one word, but it feels like over a hundred problems and potential solutions spun up like a spider web — benefits, cost savings and improvements are stuck together without being truly connected.
What are the best ways to ensure patient outcomes and lower cost?
It’s on everyone’s mind. That very question has become a mantra of sorts for healthcare payers, providers, physicians and especially Washington policy makers. But what are we doing about it?
The answer is a lot. And there’s particular promise in the wellness space through apps or health portals to help prevent or more adequately maintain the very — often chronic — conditions that are costing the country so much to treat.
Inspiring actionable progress in healthcare through software
Though we may feel like dialogue is a start, there’s more work to do — especially by way of actionable software to begin addressing more of the ills society and businesses have identified within the healthcare ecosystem.
Still dubious that prevention is as large a problem as professionals say?
86% of healthcare spending is used by people with one or more chronic conditions. It’s also not a shock that many of these conditions are preventable. And, over 33 percent of new patient prescriptions are never filled.
Statistics like these seem shocking. They are unfortunately, the “new normal” in healthcare. But, it doesn’t have to stay that way.
Presenting: The Complete Guide to Wellness Software Development, Why Health Portals & Apps Matter More Now Than Ever Before
In this eBook we:
- Take a pulse on wellness trends throughout the country and identify areas for improvement
- Explore how to improve preventative patient habits through technology
- Share how to create health portals, apps and software patients want to use
- Detail a health and wellness software kick-off plan
After reading The Complete Guide to Wellness Software Development, you’ll have answers to the following questions:
- How is medical nonadherence impacting healthcare cost nationwide?
- What factors are motivating patients to gamble with their health and wellness?
- What behaviors do more engaged patients demonstrate?
- Should you build a custom solution or choose a white label product to fill your need?
- What are the first steps if you decide to build a custom app?
- How can you identify a good software development partner from the rest of the pack?
- How can you begin to identify your target audience?
- What type of solution should you create: native app, web solution or a hybrid?
- Before you begin building, how can you identify your priority features?