The Senior UX/UI Designer will participate in the creation of enterprise-class mobile and web applications for companies of all sizes and industries. This position requires a hands-on designer that will participate in the software development process, from early discovery workshops and feature definition to pixel-perfect execution of visual designs.
In this role, you will participate in creating modern and intuitive software solutions that follow best practices, while also pushing the boundaries of what is possible as design patterns and techniques evolve. The ideal candidate will need to be able to combine the analytical and the intuitive to translate business needs and requirements into engaging customer-focused experiences.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities and a great working environment.
This position is currently remote due to COVID-19.
Daily Job Functions
- Champion intuitive, simple user experiences that are based on evidence for all product and services that the team delivers
- Manage and produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, final design assets, and experiences
- Articulate the details of design patterns so they can be consistently implemented and scaled to future projects
- Lead and conduct foundational research using common HCD best practices
- Measure and analyze customer/feature usage and identify opportunities to innovate and improve customer experiences
- Serve as a hands-on leader for Design initiatives across a diverse multi-vertical portfolio of clients; Participate in new business opportunities when and where appropriate
- Develop a deep working knowledge of MentorMate services, customers and use cases
- Build strong internal relationships with experienced engineering, solutions, marketing, and sales teams to produce optimal design/implementation processes
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, will consider an equivalent mix of experience and education. High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 7+ years of professional experience as a UX/UI designer within a digital product development environment
- Must have a strong UX & Design portfolio that demonstrates past design projects
- Deep experience in Human-Centered Design required
- Demonstrated Behavior Design experience
- Expert skill level in the standard tools of the UX trade, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, and HTML/CSS, prototyping tools, and usability testing like UserTesting.com
- Solid experience planning, implementing, and reporting on user research and usability testing
- Strong user experience skill set including; research, synthesis, design strategy, and the development of typical UX artifacts
- Experience working in a highly collaborative design environment
- Must have an informed point of view regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present solutions
- Demonstrated experience with the design of B2B and B2C web-based and mobile applications
- Healthcare industry related experience a plus
About Our Company
We developed our first mobile app in 2001. You read that correctly. It was a Palm Pilot app designed to aid students in learning foreign languages. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to cover the full spectrum of software solutions. Our team of over 600 scales quickly and offers end to end services that tackle specific tech challenges across a range of industries, platforms, and technologies. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our business is focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that comes with it.
MentorMate is a place of constant energy and personality. On the clock, we’re technology experts and leaders that bring passion and knowledge to every project. Off the clock, we’re an eclectic bunch of foodies, music buffs, artists, sports fanatics, karaoke pros, and outdoor enthusiasts..
MentorMate is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor companies provide communication services, products and technologies to many of the most recognizable brands in the world. Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive base pay, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, PTO and Holiday pay.