The lecture will be a dive into the popular Apache Kafka stream-processing software platform. We will explore the abstractions Kafka provides and the ecosystem that the Confluent platform brings around it.
Nice to have:
The demo in the lecture will be done using the Apache Kafka Java client, so basic Java experience is required.
What you will learn:
- How to setup a local Kafka cluster that is scalable, robust and quick
- How to build applications that can publish and subscribe to data
- How to make a Kafka cluster in completely decoupled systems
- What is the role of Kafka in the modern data distribution pipeline
- Which are the core Kafka architectural concepts and components
- Which are the Kafka developer APIs
Vasil Nonchev – Software Development Lead – Java at MentorMate
Deniz Hashimov – Senior Java Developer at MentorMate