Why Health Portals & Apps Matter More Now Than Ever Before
Harnessing the power of wellness technology to drive down costs and increase patient outcomes isn’t just an option. It’s an imperative. In the current three trillion dollar healthcare market, $289 billion can be attributed to non-medical adherence and failure to maintain ongoing patient care.
Medication adherence and chronic maintenance are two small pieces of the puzzle. The greater challenge and opportunity is wellness. How can healthcare payers, practitioners and providers encourage it? And — how can software development firms realize its potential at the very top of the funnel when patient behavior is still malleable?
All the figures around preventative health come down to one simple idea. Empower patients to take a more active role in the management of their care. This 27-page guide examines how to build wellness apps and health portals that engage patients and hold their attention.
- What behavioral trends are driving waste in healthcare
- The foremost opportunities in preventative health
- How to improve patient habits with technology
- How to engage patients in their health and care maintenance
- The pros and cons of custom development compared to white label apps
- A wellness software development kick-off strategy
- How to choose a target audience for your software
- The importance of defining priority features