A Look at the Business Case and Strategies for Cross-Platform Development
Developing a mobile app for multiple platforms represents a major expenditure for businesses. Companies looking for a solution to decrease the total cost of mobile ownership through increased code reuse should look no further than Xamarin.
Cross-platform development with Xamarin allows teams to create fully native apps using the same code base, Visual C#. Depending on the Xamarin platform, teams can reach as high as 90% code reuse in developing mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows. Writing code once and drawing from the same library saves on code redundancy, upkeep and time. Learn how Xamarin development with Xamarin.Forms is transforming enterprise expectations around mobile development creation and maintenance costs.
- The history and need for Xamarin
- The business case to develop with Xamarin
- What makes developing apps with Xamarin.Forms different
- Testing and design tools in the Xamarin suite
- Developing with Xamarin.Forms vs. Xamarin.iOS or Xamarin.Android
- How to choose a Xamarin development approach
- Actual vs. perceived cost savings in cross-platform development
- How to structure development with Xamarin.Forms
- How developing using Model View ViewModel impacts design
- Practical uses for Xamarin development
- Benefits of Xamarin development