Whether they’re small or large, enterprise UX projects are different. Rarely do they involve just one department. Rather, they touch many. Interdependencies between business objectives and legacy solutions increase — so do the challenges and overlap UX must solve.
It’s possible, but it takes an experienced team to run large, cross-functional UX processes efficiently. What should teams know and plan for ahead of time to smooth the turbulence common in large design initiatives with multiple stakeholders, goals and technologies in play?
- Ways the business can support the team during discovery
- How to provide and prioritize feedback
- How to take an active role in information management
- Strategies to participate in solution design
- Tactics to create a transparent culture
- Why prioritizing the roadmap impacts design
- How to scale a design initiative through your organization
- The right roles to partner with your design team
- How to align around a UX project mission
- Implementing a design/development rhythm
- Tips to provide feedback your UX team can use
- How to track feedback and action items
- Tools to document your design language