Last modified: January 17, 2018
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small data files served by the Website and stored on your devices. A cookie file stored in your web browser allows the Website, or a third party, to recognize you and make the website more useful to you. It enables the Website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, and content history) over a period of time, so you don’t have to re-enter them when you come back to the website or browse from one page to another.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” based. Session based cookies expire as soon as you close your browser or navigate away from the website. Persistent cookies contain a date of expiry, and remain stored on your device until they reach their expiration date. MentorMate uses both types on the Website.
When you use and access the Website, we place cookies in your web browser. Loss of the information stored in a cookie may make the Website less functional but should not prevent it from working. Our cookies fall into three general categories:
- Analytics – These cookies allow us to recognize and measure unique visitors to the Website. They also allow us to determine how users navigate the website. This helps us to improve how our Website functions.
- Functionality – These cookies are tied to essential functions of the website, such as user logins for our content management system.
- Targeting – These cookies record your visits to the website, pages you have viewed and links you have clicked. MentorMate uses this information to display personalized content on the Website and personalized advertisements on other websites.
First-party Cookies used by MentorMate
MentorMate employs persistent targeting cookies developed by us to record Website content a visitor has viewed. Through doing so, we are able to display new content on subsequent visits by the same user.
Third Party Cookies used by MentorMate
These cookies are loaded by third parties to report usage statistics of the Website, store session information, and deliver advertisements.
- Google Analytics – MentorMate uses Google Analytics to measure performance and usage of our Website pages. Google Analytics does not store and does not allow any personally identifiable information in its cookies. Learn more about Google Analytics cookies here (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage).
- Wistia – Video content on the Website is served via the Wistia platform. Wistia sets a cookie that collects user behavior while viewing videos; it does not store any personally identifiable information. Behavior tracked includes buttons clicked on the video, IP address, and the percentage of video completion. Learn more about Wistia’s policy here (https://wistia.com/privacy).
- Lucky Orange – MentorMate uses LuckyOrange to track how users interact with Website elements. Lucky Orange “fingerprints” certain elements that are clicked or moused over, then stores the information using relative coordinates. This allows us to say for example, Visitor A clicked 33 pixels down and 45 pixels to the right of the logo in the upper right corner of the page. Learn more about Lucky Orange cookies here (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/173-what-cookies-does-lucky-orange-set).
- Optimizely – Optimizely offers a range of website analytics services for A/B and multivariate testing purposes. MentorMate uses Optimizely to deliver variants of Website content to different visitors. Learn more about Optimizely cookies here (https://help.optimizely.com/Set_Up_Optimizely/Cookies_and_localStorage_in_the_Optimizely_snippet).
- AdRoll – MentorMate uses the AdRoll platform to serve advertisements on other websites. The ads we serve are determined by the Website content a visitor interacted with. Learn more about AdRoll’s policy here (https://www.adroll.com/about/privacy).
- CallRail – CallRail is a phone tracking platform that generates dynamic phone numbers for the Website. The cookie used by CallRail collects IP address, User Agent, and URLs visited on the Website. The data is collected to display relevant caller information, allowing MentorMate to attribute phone calls to specific marketing campaigns and advertisements. CallRail’s cookie has a default 1 year expiration period.
Your choices and opting-out
- You may opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting this website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- To opt out of the Optimizely cookie, visit this URL: https://mentormate.com/?optimizely_opt_out=true.
- You may opt out of Lucky Orange by visiting this website: http://www.luckyorange.com/privacy.php
- You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies:
- Our personalized advertisements are served via AdRoll, a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/), which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from all NAI approved member companies.
- AdRoll also complies with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here (http://optout.aboutads.info).
- Canadian citizens may opt out of receiving targeted ads from companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) website here (http://youradchoices.ca/choices/).
- If you are located in the European Economic Area you may opt out of online advertising via the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA Your Online Choices website here (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/).
- If you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.