Last modified: January 17, 2018
Information We Collect
When you access or use our Website, we collect information about you automatically as you use our Website or as you provide it to us, including:
- Website activity, including data about your browsing activity on our Website, such as which pages you visit, links you click, and when;
- Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our Website, such as your device’s IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID;
- Contact information, if you choose to provide via a form submission: your name, email address, place of business, job title, or phone number;
- Customer service information you may provide to MentorMate representatives including survey responses, email messages, or phone conversations.
Use of Information
We use any collected data to customize, measure, and improve our Website and services. Unless you ask us not to, we may use your information to respond to you by email or phone about our services, including to market our services to you, and to deliver targeted marketing to you. We may also use your information to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information, or in any other way we may describe when you provide your information to us.
Sharing Your Information
- In response to legal process;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of MentorMate, our users or others;
- With our subsidiaries and related companies;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing. Contact information is stored in the HubSpot CRM, which is TRUSTe certified for Enterprise Privacy (https://privacy.truste.com/privacy-seal/HubSpot-Inc-/validation?rid=edeef904-c1be-4bf2-9593-e668b3295b73) and complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TN8pAAG). MentorMate also uses Google’s Universal Analytics tracking on our Website. Learn more about how Google handles your data here (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
Your Access and Control Over Your Information
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by our advertising partners:
- Our personalized advertisements are served via AdRoll, a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/), which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from all NAI approved member companies.
- AdRoll also complies with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here (http://optout.aboutads.info).
- Canadian citizens may opt out of receiving targeted ads from companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) website here (http://youradchoices.ca/choices/).
- If you are located in the European Economic Area you may opt out of online advertising via the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA Your Online Choices website here (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/).
- If you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You may opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting this website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- You may also request that we stop emailing you by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” or “email preferences link” in our marketing emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. By linking to these websites, we do not create or have an affiliation with, or sponsor such third party websites. The inclusion of links within our Website does not constitute any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, or recommendation of such third party websites. MentorMate has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third party websites; as such, you access any such third party websites at your own risk.