13 Ways to Plan for Maintenance Before Launch
Once your app goes live, who will respond to feedback users leave in the app store or associated product forums? What team is on-point to act on bugs mentioned in reviews and check performance analytics? How about recommending product enhancements and roadmapping new development?
Releasing an app into the public marketplace is just the beginning of the care your app needs to thrive, amass users and satisfy their needs. Prolonging the life of an app doesn’t start after your app goes live. The conversations and planning must begin even before the first line of code is written.
- The three main functions of continuation engineering
- When to re-release your solution after launch
- How to manage maintenance accountability
- Tips to beta test your app
- What details to ask for when users report a bug
- How to avoid unintended costs with maintenance
- How to monitor code deprecation
- How to avoid common security vulnerabilities
- Easy ways to monitor the public perception of your app
- How users expect your app to evolve over time
- Metrics to include when building your app
- When to take crash reports seriously