Common Patterns in microservices (Event sourcing, Saga and CQRS)
The first part of the lecture will be a dive into common patterns in microservices. We will explore event sourcing, Saga and Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) and the opportunities that they bring. And at the end of it, we will build a couple of microservices that use these patterns from scratch.
Testing microservices with Groovy and Spock
The second part will explain more about how to simultaneously test microservices and create documentation with Groovy and Spock, and what advantages they give us when testing. We will also cover how we can easily create data-driven tests with Spock.
Nice to have – Basic Java/Docker experience is required.
What are Microservices
- When, where and how to use common patterns in microservices
- Event sourcing
- Keeping the consistency with Saga
- Read-only information with Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
What are Groovy and Spock?
- Writing tests and documentation at the same time
- Leveraging Groovy and Spock to create functional tests
- How to easily make our tests data-driven